All current vacancies will be listed here.
Retail Manager / Store Manager At The University Of Greenwich
Retail Manager / Store Manager / Shop Manager - (37.5 hours per week minimum) - University of Greenwich
Love working in retail, but fed up of working weekends? Want to work for an organisation that will give you the opportunity to take on new challenges and give you the autonomy to build success around your own skills and vision?
Welcome to John Smith’s! We are an entrepreneurial, dynamic and growing organisation. We work in partnership with universities to deliver the very best services to their students supplying a wide range of products from books and stationery, to electronics and confectionery. We are open Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm – oh and by the way we close for Bank Holidays and Christmas!
Right now we are seeking a proven Retail Manager who will be fully accountable for driving business performance, and managing a strong team at our University of Greenwich Student Store.
The successful Retail Manager must be able to deliver the main responsibilities of:
- dealing with every aspect of the store’s day-to-day management from selecting suppliers and scoping new products to merchandising, negotiating costs, establishing new processes and identifying sales and marketing opportunities;
- responsible for driving existing and new products in our marketplace;
- motivating and inspiring your team, to create a commercially-focused culture that drives outstanding P&L results.
To be considered for the role of Retail Manager, you must have:
- Proven experience of retail management
- Line management experience to include appraisals, reviews, recruitment and retention
- Strong planning, organising, report and networking skills
- A natural communicator with excellent negotiation, persuasive, presentation and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Minimum of grade C or above at Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
There’s the opportunity to build a great career with us, not to mention an excellent benefits package including performance related bonus, life assurance and up to 35% staff discount.
To apply, send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5th June 2017.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.